Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No Gifts.......


Working in the cycling field definitely has its advantages. But, like any profession (if that's what ya wanna call it), there are downsides too. Besides getting almost no money, you also catch a lot of grief from participants and the public alike. I'll tell you one thing though - it is NOT a thankless job. I was lead to believe, through the years, that being a promoter of cycling events and putting on little cycling fiestas was one of those thankless jobs. Okay, so, yeah - maybe there are a few migraine problems here and there with these things. But I'll tell you what - for every headache I encounter, I have probably half-a-dozen very sincere "Thank Yous" coming from my fellow riders. That, to me, makes it all worthwhile. Sure, I get the complaints too - but the "Thank Yous" really help in taking the sting away.

So, forget what Hinault said to Armstrong about the "No Gifts" thing - give the gift of a sincere Thank You to your local and not-so-local cycling promoter/director/volunteer, whatever they may be doing to help.

Okay, 'nuff Tuesday blogages.........the weather is nice......go ride your bike!!!