Tuesday, March 25, 2008

24 Solo.......

Oh man, what guts this one takes.

So, the other night I had a chance to view the "24 Solo" DVD. My friend, James Plummer, recommended this movie to me last year, but I never got around to watching it. Well, I'm glad I finally did - those guys battling it out in the Solo 24-Hour division are just........insane. Talk about death-on-a-stick - ouch! It was painful just to watch them. Craig Gordon and Chris Eatough.......well.......they're just not human.

The last two years, I have been fortunate enough to race on a great team in the annual 24 Hours of Adrenalin race at the Laguna Seca Raceway. But clearly, I was one of the weaker dudes on our 5-person team. I was there to race, yes.......but I was also there for the experience(sorry Mike Ricks - I know that sounds goofy!!). And, although I won't get a chance to go back this year, I'm hoping to get back there again next year, if possible. It was just too much fun - although it was filled with pain and agony!

24 Hour off-road mountain bike racing - brutal, but worth it(especially in the team division!!). I would say to definitely give it a shot. You won't regret it - well........at first you'll regret it......but then you'll be glad you did it!!