Thursday, May 08, 2008

Okay, moving on.......

What a week. Lots of drama, crazy drivers, two local riders getting shot at with pellet guns, angry phone calls from irate motorists.....makes me wonder sometimes how in the world things got this way. It's just people......being people......I guess.

Whenever things seem to be going sideways or haywire and such, it's always a good idea just to go back to the basics. In this case, for me at least, it's just riding my bike. Felt like some negativity had been built up on my brain this week, so needed to unload it this morning with a little cycling jaunt around the north ends of Chico. You all know what I'm talking about - getting out for a solo spin to clear your head.......it's like a brain massage. A much needed vacation - although brief - but still, the cycling does your mind and your body some serious good.

So, time to move on and keep pedaling. Just keep pedaling, just keep pedaling, just keep pedaling! Or something along those lines........it's a Dory thing.

Yeah, I know.....my mind is toast.

OH - almost forgot - the pic above is of our local cycling studs David Kyle and Kevin Speacht during the Team Chico Cutty Series ride back in December. Kevin is leaving here pretty quick for a little ride up north. Good luck Dude!! Kick bootie!!