Thursday, April 24, 2008

Geesh........what have I gotten myself into.....


So, as it turns out, I am one of the many organizers of the upcoming 2008 Chico Velo Wildflower Century bicycle ride happening this Sunday - April 27th. And let me tell you, it is craziness at its finest. Can't believe everything involved in preparing a ride for 4,000 cyclists. It's endless. I've had a fantastic support crew though - so that has helped tremendously. Still.......I never would have imagined how many sleepless nights organizing a ride of this magnitude would cause. It's a constant thought in your head - not once, in the last few weeks, has the thought NOT left my brain. Always something going on, something to do, something to get done.......for the Wildflower. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE this stuff - I love cycling and cycling events. I could not wish for a better job. But, at times, it surrounds me more than I'd like........at times.

Still, the weather is looking to be amazing here in Chico on Sunday - 86 degrees and sunny! Nice.

Anyway, hope to see some familiar faces out at the ride on Sunday. And, if you're not ridin' the Century, hopefully you're ridin' at Wente! Kick bootie!!!