Monday, May 12, 2008

For the love of.......

.....bike camping!

So, this past weekend, myself(above) and three of my buddies decided to go for a bike camping trip.....my first time ever bike camping. And let me tell you - it was a BLAST!!! Trying out new types of riding, equipment and so forth is really inspiring......and fun too! And now, I'm hooked - can't wait to go bike camping again. Of course, my next new cycling experience has to be Hernando's Monday night track training down at Hellyeah Velodrome. Only glitch is that the track is 4 hours away from my house......might make for a long Monday, but who cares - it's cycling! Heck, maybe I'll just bike tour on the way down and back - and make it a multi-day multi-riding trip.

Anyway, bike touring/camping is hella fun. And, believe it or not, the racer-dudes back in the day use to use this type of riding for training. Think about it - loaded touring bike weighing 35+ pounds, riding anywhere from 40 to 100 miles a day, for days on end. Geesh......brutal. But, most importantly, it is FUN! This past weekend had to be one of the most enjoyable experiences ever out on a bike for me.

And that's the thing - I was a little apprehensive at first(sorta like the velodrome), but once I did it.......I was hooked. It was just too much fun, and I felt like I was really living. Definitely satisfying.

Enough Monday blogage - this week is Bike Week!!! Go ride!!!