Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Diabetical.........


So, this Saturday, May 19th, I will be participating in an event I have never done before.......but probably should have long ago. It's the Sacramento Tour de Cure - a fund-raising event to help the American Diabetes Association. "Yeah, yeah....another fund-raiser ride.....big deal." I know, I know. But this one is a bit different for me - I've been a Type I diabetic since the age of 4.....so, for the past 35 years I've come to live with it and manage it the best way possible. And the American Diabetes Association has always been there for help and support with the management and treatment of this......uh.......I don't like to call it a "disease".......it's more like a bit more challenging way of life. And I'll tell ya - if it wasn't for cycling, I'd probably be pretty messed up. So, it's nice to see a bike ride - of all things - is helping to raise funds for something I know has helped me tremendously.

If anyone would like to donate to this worthy cause, please visit this website:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=4407&px=3378465

Even if you just want to donate a dollar.....every little bit helps......just like our riding! Thanks for reading - stay safe out there - and enjoy the perfect riding weather we're having!
Pic above - Yeah, that's goofy me in the home office checkin' the old e-mail.