Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Don't be a Cartman.......

"Rodney, what are you flippin' talking about??"

Cartman.......my definition of a person who doesn't work in a break, and sprints for the win at the end of a race. You know, you get out in a breakaway with one or two or three other riders.....you're working smoothly together to stay away from the chasing pack.......but one of you either won't pull, takes super easy/weak pulls, and just won't do their share of work. At the end, the non-work-sharer(hey, I like makin' up words!) sprints at the end of the race.....and because they're fresh as a daisy.....they take the win.

And I'll tell ya - it's not just in racing. It's in life. There's always that one who doesn't seem to do jack. While you're workin', making sure the job gets done, you've got a Cartman sittin' around, sippin' hot cocoa, laughing at the fact that you're taking them to the finish line. It just don't sit right with me. Hey, it's one thing if you're dead tired and know you're gonna get smacked-down during the final sprint. But taking the win with a Cartman-move. Hmmm. I'd give my winnings to my breakmates at the very least......even if it was a VP t-shirt.