Sunday, May 06, 2007

Overanalysis is one thing........

.....I do too much.

Do I race road races instead of crits? Do I race crits instead of road races? Should I do just the races that are within a 2.5 hour drive of home? Maybe I should ride Cohasset everyday until my weight drops a bit......then do all the road races on the calendar? Or should I practice my sprints and cornering at the airport crit course instead? What do you my shoes weigh? Maybe my climbing would improve if I got new shoes? What other limits can I put on myself and my riding????

I liked the advice I read last year on one of the cycling forums. It went something along the lines of, "If you're just getting into riding, just ride." Yep, that about covers it. No over-thinking the situation. Just ride.

Which brings me back to the overanalysis stuff. I need to tell myself to just knock it off. Too much thinking can cause the old paralysis to show its ugly head. And what I wanna do is......ride.

OH - The pic above - Yes, this is from the 2006 EMC/Vellum Criterium - you can sign up HERE for the 2007 event. I'll be there - keeping those angry Home Depot shoppin' folks from drivin' on to the course!