Saturday, May 05, 2007

Ah....Cat's Hill day.......

......hope it's a fun and safe race today. Seems like every year I hear about some god-awful smash up that happens there. But today, hopefully, is a different story......just nice steady racin'.

Went to a presentation last night on the use of Power Meters. The presentation was done by our own local rider, Coach Mike Trowbridge. Man, I'll tell ya - there was a lot I didn't know, or realize, about the use of the Power Meter. And me, being the geeky geek that I am, I would probably spend way too much time analyzing that data. Even though I'm the kind of rider that just likes to go outside and ride.......that statistical stuff pretty much floats my boat. I love it. What I don't love though is the over-analytical side of me......the whole paralysis from analysis stuff. However, I think if it's used intelligently, it can be a valuable weapon to have in your arsenal.

And on a side note, found out last night that there is, in fact, a bicycle polo group meeting in Chico every Thursday night. Man, I am soooo there!!! Hey - that'd be fun to bring a power meter to! I mean, as long as you didn't bust it up. Definitely have to bring the heart rate monitor out there......I can see it now.......180, 120, 180, 120........ahhh......love those bicycle polo intervals.