Wednesday, May 09, 2007

50'n and other thoughts.......

Oh man, say it ain't so - heard tonight that friend and teammate Mike Ricks may have gone down in a crash during the Fast 50 tonight. Last week it was CJ. Dude, that stuff spooks me. Makes me a bit nervous. And, of course, I'm no help with my lack of cornering ability! But thanks to Mike Peavy and Geno for giving me a boost during the first sprint tonight - appreciate the help, big time! Thank you!! And a big thanks goes out to John for letting me leech on to his paceline towards the end there!

Sometimes I wonder about this racey race stuff some of us do. You know - the Fast 50, the criteriums, the road races, the big group rides and so on. Times like now make me question why I do it. It's one thing to be involved in it - but to see it happen, or hear about it happening, can be mentally shattering. Why do we do it?

It's our passion. It's one of those things that make life worth living........and, even with the crashes, it makes our lives better. Fun, exercise, reduced stress, weight loss, cleaner air......the list goes on and on. We love it. It is a part - perhaps a small part - of our lives........but it's still a part of us. We ride. And we crash. But then we ride again. "Think positive Dude", I keep telling myself.

CJ and Mike - get well soon - let me know if you need anymore vids or DVDs for the indoor trainer workouts! Think I have the 2003 Tour DVD around here somewhere. Uh.......wait......nevermind.