Thursday, May 03, 2007

I have all the admiration......

.....in the world for those folks who get out there and give it their best shot, even when the circumstances may not be top-notch. You know the kind of people I mean - the ones who go out there, give it their all, have a great attitude about things no matter what the conditions......and they just make you feel.......inspired.

But I tell ya, there are a few out there who really torque me sometimes. They gripe, they complain, they point fingers, they never seem to help out, "stupid" seems to fill their vocabulary, and sometimes you just have to wonder why in the world they're so unhappy.

The thing about cycling is, it can be a tough sport. There are going to be conditions that may not be ideal - could be hot, could be cold, could be windy and rainy, could be trafficky(didn't I tell ya last post I like makin' up words!).......there's a lot that "could" happen out there on our rides. And if ya just can't handle it, well, maybe pick up another sport.

The ones I love though are the ones who go out there and......pardon the advertisement.......just do it. And lots of times, they do it with a smile on their faces. Go out, jam hard in that local 10-mile time trial..........or that fast club ride.......or that hilly rainy epic ride.......and they do it with an attitude which could make the sun shine. That stuff stokes me - I love it.

As for those who don't seem to "get it".......well........maybe you could try your hand at basket weaving.