Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ken, you amazed me today.


Here is a link down Memory Lane. All pics belong to Ken Camozzi - thank you Ken! 1982 Chico Criterium - you can see more pics and read more about the race here.

And yeah, I'm in this picture above - I'm the dorky looking one on the Benotto bicycle. I was known to the local cycling gurus as Rodney Whitecalf, for obvious reasons. This was the Intermediates race, for the 13 to 15 year old Juniors. In front of me is Bruce Gesick(later to join GS Mengoni as a Junior and train at the Olympic Training Center as a Junior), and in front of him on the puke green(as we use to call it) Bianchi is my friend/training partner Brad Curd(famous for riding his bike up to the drive up window at McDonalds back in the day in order to get french fries after rides). Notice the funny looking helmets and brake cables. And yeah, steel is real baby!