Monday, August 14, 2006

My old cycling coach told me many times.......

.......that the best training for bicycle racing is riding your bicycle. Hmmm. Imagine that. And I think it's safe to say that the best way to train for a tennis tournament is to play tennis........which I don't do. So, yes, I got my butt kicked at the tennis tournament this past weekend. Not to worry though - I'm a cyclist at heart. Which isn't to say that I'm gonna race well this weekend at Dunnigan - I'm just looking forward to riding/racing again. Enough tennis - it's bike time now.

Anyway, how was your weekend???

The pic: English Time Trial Champion Beryl Burton......she was FAST.....I think she won some ungodly number of time trials during her day, not to mention numerous national titles. Dig that fat chainring up front.