Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yeah, it's been one of those seasons......



.......not the best of racing seasons for me in 2006. Had some health issues going on this past spring with my diabetes......which lead to a dramatic fall-off in cycling time......and a dramatic increase in weight gain(Yikes!!!!). Last month though, things started coming back into place. And, needless to say, the one thing that has probably helped the most in my recovery is........obviously.......cycling. To put it bluntly, it's pretty much saved my life.

And you know, it's not the first time this has happened. It seems that whenever I ride consistently - somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 to 6 days per week - my health improves. It takes some time, and some effort......but the payoff is certain. It's like my friend Tom tells me every so often - it's about consistency. Keep it consistent......don't drop off too much......just keep it going. Yeah, I know - it's not rocket science or brain surgery - but it's nice to have that reminder going off in my head every so often.

And so, back on the bike - riding more now than I have in weeks and weeks. The bloodsugars are getting back in control, the weight is slowly coming off, the health is improving. I have my bikes to thank for playing such a crucial role. God, I love my bikes!!! Go bikes!!! LOL. And my friends too - thank you all for your help and support - I really appreciate it! Yeah, I love you guys too!