Monday, August 07, 2006

Catch Eddy........



.....Had a chance last night to hit the trails with my Schweetie. Started out real mellow-like......enjoying the sunset, the dirt, the peace & quiet, each other.

Then, suddenly, it broke out into a game of Catch Eddy. Catch Eddy is a game my bro and I use to play when we were younger racer-types. It's bike tag - off-road on your mountain or cyclocross bikes. Tag, you're it.......chase......tag, you're it......etc. Take it off-road on single-track, which we did last night, and we're talking fun and fartlek. Ouch. The rules are pretty basic - you have to touch the other rider, or the other rider's bike, with your body or your bike. I even threw in a rule for Lori that if she could spray me with her water bottle, I would be it. And man, we're talking pain. Sure, it's hella fun.......but spills and max heart rates are the call of the day.

And to be honest, I can't wait to play it again - especially with more people! Imagine the possibilities. Hey, we're allowed to make up bike games, aren't we?? I mean, geesh, something has to get our minds off of the Flandis'.