Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Merkeley Bike and Alicat.......

......got it right in this post. I don't get it either.

It just takes one accident. Back in the day - 1983 to be exact - I wanted to be like all the cool pro riders of the day.......no helmet, cycling cap only.....out training on every road imaginable. Well, as could happen to anyone, I took a header on a descent - head first, no helmet, knocked out, bloody mess. I was lucky. 12 stitches and permanent road rash on the shoulder....but no brain damage or coma.

Hmmmm. Wait a second.

I think Lori would probably disagree with that assessment about the brain damage.

Okay, so maybe there was a little brain damage. But don't we all have to have a little bit to take part in this crazy sport of bicycle racing????

I guess what I'm saying is.......it's nice to still be alive and active......and have the ability to ride the bicycle at all. I feel blessed.

Riding = Helmet time. I mean, geesh, can you even feel those things on your head anymore??? Some of 'em are light as the old hairnets.