Monday, May 08, 2006

And these are my thoughts.......

.....about some, not all, of the residents who live in Pleasanton, California. Yes, I understand you were trying to take a shortcut to get to Home Depot - I really do. And yes, the race unfortunately added another 30 seconds on to your commute over to the beloved Home Depot. And although DH and I were trying to pleasantly(as your city's name implies) steer you in another direction in which to get to your beloved Home Depot, you thought it would be fun to curse us out, demean us, yell at us, call the police on us, flip us off, run over our pylons with your truck, drive on to the course anyway, threaten to sue, and basically be A-Holes. To you guys, I think you should change the name of your little city to Fukuton, California. The reason - that's the impression us Chico guys got from your community by your ridiculous actions. There are some crazy angry people there. Almost felt like I was riding my bike up in Cohasset!

OH - and by the way - the Police were, in fact, there at the race and would have preferred you taking Hopyard over to Home Depot regardless.

To the rest of you fine folks - and I do mean that seriously - you were a pleasure to re-direct and I thank you tremendously for your support and good spirits. It's amazing what one smiling face can do to change your day.

Sincerely,

The Corner Marshals from the Corner of Doom(turn 2).