Friday, May 05, 2006

Why I love my wife:

A conversation we had last evening:

Lori: "Hey Honey - you wanna race bikes, don't you? I mean, you really want to be a bicycle racer, right?"

Me: "Uh, yeah. Why are you asking me that???"

Lori: "Well, it seems to me that if you want to be a bike racer, you need to practice more."

Me: "Practice more? You mean, like, train more and stuff??"

Lori: "Yeah. If you want to be a bicycle racer - and you really want to do this - then you need to go out and ride everyday - every single day."

Me: "Ya think??"

Lori: "Yes! Like, let me ask you this - You know that your cornering sucks. How much did you work on your cornering this week? Did you work on it every single day??"

Me: "Um....."

Lori: "NO - You did not. If you want to do this, you need to get out there on your bike more than you have been - you need to take it more seriously. Do it now before we start having children - because once we have kids, I'm not gonna be too happy with you out riding and racing all the time!"

Me: "Uh, hmmmm. Thanks Honey. Your perspective just hit me in the head like a lead brick."

Lori: "Now go ride!"

I don't normally question why in the world I married this woman. I love her. But if I ever did question it, I think I will always remember this conversation we had last night on our back patio.

In short, Lori rules!!!

Now, about those corners........the airport Crit course, which I can see from our house, is calling my name again.

Every single day, huh Hon? Well, if you insist.