Sunday, March 19, 2006

Stud of the Day.......

.......besides Olaf(2 races in 2 days = 2 wins - what more can you ask for??? The dude is not just a stud, he's a Hella Stud! Must be the socks.), has to go to our own Geno Gruber. I watched Geno in his race today at Zamora and at the end of lap one(10-mile laps) with those vicious winds, I saw him get gapped off the lead pack. When they made the turn into the headwind section, I knew it was all over for him - and I saw him get dropped.

So why is this guy a Stud of the Day??? Because Geno - aka Mr. I-can-time-trial-into-headwinds-with-ease-and-can-outclimb-Hinault-on-any-given-day - bridged the gap and ended up back on to the lead pack on lap 2(of 3)! I was like, HOLY.....the dude caught on again??? And he ended up finishing with them. Total stud move Geno. A solo breakaway in the Land Park Criterium.......and a headwind bridge up to a pack ahead of you at Zamora RR. Friggin' nice.