Saturday, March 18, 2006

Okay, now for the BIG guns......

.....here is Geno pointing at a future cycling star.......his name: Michael Cordova. Cat. 5 going on Cat. 2. That guy today looked like he was just toying with the 5s.....snagging a prime, active the whole race, and ended up 2nd. He was smart, aggressive and he had the skills it takes to move forward in the sport - he's gonna be a fun one to watch. Remember the name - Michael Cordova.

Geno and I are in the same boat. We have had long long layoffs from the bike racing. He and I raced together as Juniors way back in the stone age. To see him race again after all these years - today at the Landpark Criterium - I was probably more nervous than him. I've got some great pictures of him I'll post later too - AWESOME solo breakaway today Geno!!!

Chico most definitely has a racing team again.......and man, it's great to see.....they're gonna be good.