Sunday, March 19, 2006

Aaaahhhhh......The sweet smell of.......

......ice breaking.

Yep, it's official - I'm out racing bicycles yet again. I've come to the conclusion that, although I've tried in the past, I'm not suppose to fight this urge or obsession with bicycles. For whatever reason, back when I was 12 years old, I was meant to see that Schwinn catalog(the reason I became obsessed with bicycles in the first place).

And so, after all these years of not racing, I was in the Zamora Road Race today......aka Bariani Road Race. It was fun, exciting, windy(damn!!), and a great experience.....as well as a re-learning experience. It was great seeing everyone out there too - too many great people to list.

However, a HUGE thank you goes out to three people in particular today - My wife Lori; My teammate Daniel; and our Team Mom Peggy. Without those three, I probably woulda just brought my camera along instead of my bike today.

And although my result was about what I expected, it reaffirms to me that the Guinea Pig Training Technique to does not work for everyone. But the fun factor.......dude, it is hella fun out there. Can't wait to race again!