Wednesday, March 15, 2006

"Rodney! Rodney! Hey Rodney - Can you hear me???"

This is what I woke up to this afternoon as three paramedics were looking down on me while I was laying on the office floor. Yep, I hit the deck at work. What that means is a major bonk - major major bonk. And since I'm a Type 1 diabetic, that can only mean bad things.....as in, passed out cold on the office floor. Felt like quite an idiot. And the staff at work - well, they were stunned. Ooops. Sorry about that.

Turns out I hit a veinage during an insulin injection today......my bad. Insulin hits the bloodstream hella quicker than it needs.........blood sugar drops to almost nothing.......and you lose all function of yourself. Yep, my bad.

But the worst part is how you feel during and right afterwards. In short, bonking sux. You can't even speak - you just mumble.....if you can make noises at all. And you have no control of yourself, even though your brain disagrees. And even though I feel great right now, the toll it takes on your body is like a 20-repeat day on our local Hell Hill.

Oh well. Live and learn, over and over again.