Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Yes, I'm a 4......

So, I asked Casey this morning for a downgrade from Category 3 to Category 4 and he granted it to me immediately - changed it in the USCF database and everything. Part of me was sad about it, but another part of me knew that it was necessary. Now I'll just have to work my way back up and re-learn things from the past. I'm actually really looking forward to it all - and looking forward to a fantastic year of riding/racing ahead. It will be fun to finally get back in the racing action. I'm tired of just sitting on the sidelines all the time watching and analyzing races on the weekends. I love coaching, but I would like to be racing too. This will be a great year.

I would definitely like to thank Olaf for his tremendous advice - that is what ultimately did it for me, making the decision to downgrade. When you have the opportunity to learn from one of the most experienced riders out there, it's an honor to take their advice. Thanks Dude!!!