Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My wife

You know, my wife is extremely understanding. She is very patient with my cycling addiction. And although we do not share this addiction, she enjoys getting out on her mountain bike every once in awhile. But imagine how obnoxious it is to be married to a guy who gets up in the morning, and the first words out of his mouth - besides "Good morning Honey!" - is "I dreamt about this great Seven Elium Race bike that I owned - I was winning every criterium I entered!"........or "Sometime before the day is over, I really need to clean my drivetrain." Before bed at night, I read every book and magazine imaginable about cycling - especially the old stuff. I talk about training, racing, tactics....just everything cycling. I tell her about my rides, my teammates, this blog, my bikes, racing. My wife knows more than most about the Tour de France too - you ask her about the outcome of the 1976 Tour - or the 2005 Tour - and she can tell you about it. Not that she really wants to, that is - but she can tell you about it.

And this is one of the many reasons - that she is extremely patient with my cycling obsession - that I thank her and love her. Thanks Honey!(And I'll try to cut back on the bike talk a bit.....if I can!).