Friday, January 06, 2006

Spinning Classes.......

I got off from work last night and decided to go to the gym to take back-to-back Spinning classes. We have this instructor named Tom who enjoys a thing called "cadence changes". Essentially, they are standing climb hill sprints. The great thing about it is that he gives you about 5 seconds recovery between sprints(well, sometimes he gives us 10 seconds, but that is rare). After about a dozen of these(of the 20 we do), I'm on the bike saying "Son of a b**ch - knock these off man!! You're killin' me here!". But the cool thing about it - besides the post-ride euphoric bliss - is the result on the road.......really helps in the weekly Fast 50 ride whenever the Thurmanator goes to the front. As soon as I see him take a pull, I thank Tom for all those "Son of a b**ch" moments.