Thursday, September 13, 2007

End of road season.......

.........So, here we are, just a couple of weeks away from the end of the road racing season here in northern California. We have a few road races left - the Mt. Tam Hill Climb, the Henleyville Road Race, the Chico Criterium and the Everest Challenge. I know that many riders are looking forward to riding Cyclocross this CX season, and I could not be more stoked about that action! Some riders though are looking to take a very well-deserved break from the bike.....maybe enjoy some other physical activities instead for the next couple of months. As for me.......well.......I'm looking to spend some time doing what Dave's doing in the picture above.......just cruising on my bike. It's been a hectic month, what with Chico Criterium race planning, Nutcracker Omnium scoring, time trial events planning and the day-to-day bike stuff that goes on in the office. I feed off of the riders - their excitement, appreciation, enjoyment of the events is what makes me want to do more and more for them - it's what makes my job satisfying. But it can drain your cycling life a bit too. And, unfortunately, I've allowed my hours on the bike to diminish each week as the summer has gone on. I eat, sleep, breath cycling - but that, in itself, can cause a strange sort of end-of-season burn-out. For me.......I don't want to get off the bike and take a rest.......I wanna ride.....and ride.......and ride.......and ride! Just get that inner-connection thing going again with my bicycles.

Anyway, just another rambling on a Thursday afternoon! Will write more soon. And hey, come to the races on the 22nd and 23rd - we just got these guys as one of our sponsors for the Criterium! And if you've never eaten there, been to the gift shop, or toured the Brewery.....oy........it's awesome!!