Thursday, January 18, 2007

Motorpacing......

.....I can't stop laughing.

I read Bob Mionske's article on VeloNews today on the legality of motorpacing. In the article was the following story given by Bob.....

"One of the only times I organized a motor pace session was almost equally disastrous. A friend of a friend kept offering to take me out motor-pacing and I finally agreed. We made our way to a quiet country road and began our session. I got up to speed, but he simply followed behind me in his car. I kept waving for him to pass me and he took my waiving as a command to get even closer to my rear wheel and rev his engine louder ala Johan Bruyneel style. Eventually, I pulled over and asked him what he was doing. He thought motor-pacing was an effective method of speed training because the cyclist would force themselves to go faster and faster to avoid being run over by a motor-vehicle.
I opted for an easy ride by myself and laughed out loud every time I reflected on this innovative "ride-for-your-life" training method."

Dude, that is hilarious.

If that were the case, heck, just commute by bicycle - I find myself motorpacing every friggin' day!