Tuesday, September 05, 2006

So, last year I bought this book.......

.....and I pretty much just flew through it.......you know, read half-assed every other page, looked at the pics, tried to get what he's saying in a glance. Then, the book sat on a shelf. That is, until this past weekend when I decided to take another look at this book.......a much more thorough and closer look. And my question to you other readers of this book is this: How can you read it without laughing your butt off???

What am I talking about?? Well, yes, I admit Chris Carmichael is a coaching guru.......and his star pupil really was a great champion. No no, I'm not talking about who they are or how they got there......I'm talking about the book. And man, I just could not stop laughing after reading it again.

Here's an example of what the book......uh.........sorta looks like.......but with a Chico Cyclist slant:

My name is Chris™Carmichael™ and I am a cycling™ coach™. I train™ some of the best cyclists™ in the world. When you pedal™ your bicycle™ or mountain™ bike™, you must train™ right™. It's what I like to call TR™. When you TR™, you will win™ bicycle™ races™. You can train™ all you want, but if you don't TR™, what will you accomplish™ on the bike™?

I have found that the best™ cyclists™ ride™ their bicycles™. Many of these riders™ ride™ their bicycles™ quite frequently. Some do sprints™, some do hills™, some pedal™ with slow™ cadence™, some pedal™ with high™ cadence™, some do intervals™ and some just pedal™. However, to TR™, you must incorporate™ periods™ of each component™ of cycling™ training™ to improve™.

.........

Okay, I have to stop - I am laughing hysterically here and can't breath anymore. My point is, dude, Chris, do you have to trademark everything? And what's up with all the TR, CS, SOS, RIP, CC and all the others I can't remember?? I had to keep going back in the book wondering, what the hell was SOS again??? Do I SOS during the Preparation™ Period™ or is that a Specialization™ Period™ training technique???

Damn it Chris, now you got me using that stupid ™ all over the place!

Uugghh. Yeah, I love the cycling books......even with all the ™s.