Friday, August 25, 2006

If the size of our legs determined......

.....how good we would be on a bike, most of us would either suck or be in the middle of the pack. Thankfully, that's not the case. Sorry Tom Platz(the dude above).

However, I think Tom might do okay if he were entered in the Cohasset Downhill Time Trial tomorrow morning. And that bike he's riding would probably help too! I've heard some crazy stuff about this time trial tomorrow - people wanting to put rolls of coins in their seat tubes, wearing weight vests, using lead pellets in the water bottles.......just crazy stuff! Heck, if you need a heavy bike, you could always use my LeMond - that thing weighs a ton!

As for me, I've got the bike and the body ready to tackle this time trial. But, duty calls - I get to work the race instead. And that, for me at least, gives me a bit more satisfaction. LOVE working the races - seeing everyone again, checkin' out the equipment, laughing hysterically at the hijinks done to water bottles and seat tubes. Ah, it's all in good fun. Can't wait.

Anyway, I'll be at the start around 9:15ish or so - hope to see you guys there!