Thursday, June 15, 2006

You wanna dowhatnow??

Prior to getting back into cycling again, I played tennis for about nine years or so. Got to the point where I was okay, but not great. Loved to play throughout the year - heat, cold, fog, even rain on some days. But, found the cycling bug again.......and that was it for tennis. I've played tennis once in the past 1.5 years.

All of sudden, it seems like everyone around me wants to play tennis again! It's really weird.....and kinda has me wondering. My tennis-playing friend Mike and I always joked that whenever Andre Agassi was kicking ass, everyone around us wanted to play tennis. But that dude has about vanished. So, I can't figure it out.

And although I would rather just go out and ride tonight, my wife has a doubles match lined up for us at 6pm. The good part though is that it doesn't get dark until 9:15pm......which will leave me just enough time to hit the short track MTB course across the street from the house.

Just between you and me.......I sorta had to start building up those husband points lately......Lori has about had it with the bike collection in our laundry room!