Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Oh man.......okay......

......I'm at one of those points where I'm asking myself what in the world I have gotten myself into.....again. 24 hours of mountain bike racing at Laguna Seca Raceway.......the 24 Hours of Adrenaline. This weekend - Mother's Day.

Okay, so, when I signed up for this sucker, I didn't realize it fell on Mom's Day. My mom isn't going to be totally upset, but I know she'll be a bit bummed out that I won't be with her on her special day.

Then, found out today my bike's headlight is dead - and the rear tail light doesn't blink - which is a requirement! And the bike itself has seen better days.

Don't know what in the world I'm doing.

And to top it off, I'm also the Team Volunteer! Which means, in addition to the racing, I'm volunteering for 4.5 hours too at the race. Another weekend, another volunteership. Hope Laguna Seca isn't a Pleasanton!

In the end though, here's how I look at it: Yeah, my body ain't ready, my bike ain't ready and my mom ain't ready........but we do this crazy stuff for the love of the sport, the life, the cycling community.....and to help a greater cause than ourselves.