Monday, May 22, 2006

Back in my Chico State University days......

.....in the 80s/early 90s, I had a professor in one of my business classes who happened to notice I was wearing a Campagnolo t-shirt one day in class. After class, he talked to me about Campy components, bicycles and cycling in general. It was a great little conversation about a subject we obviously both loved.

Before I left the classroom, he told me something unreal. He told me he was a member of the 1972 Olympic Cycling Team. I was like, NO WAY!!! I was blown away. An actual Olympian in, of all things, cycling......teaching this Management Information Systems class at Chico State University.

Well, sure enough - found his pic recently. He's the 4th rider from the left in the picture above. Great teacher too.....well, at least I thought so! Of course, it makes it a lot easier when you find out one of your Profs is a stud in the sport you love the most.