Wednesday, May 10, 2006

And, of course, our fabulous Race Announcers!

Our fearless leader Nome Agusta with the microphone and red hat.......and Vic with the microphone behind the lap counter. Casey K. is giving the other official pointers on how to turn the lap cards. Vic was having a difficult time Announcing and lap-carding, so Casey assigned the lap-carding to someone else. That's okay - Vic is one of my favorite race announcers - he likes to let the race develop before he speaks......that's my kind of announcer!

And let me say this about Nome - If the sh*t ever hits the fan during a race you're putting on, Nome is the Dude you want on your race management team. When we had a little crashy crash on the Corner of Doom, I was my typical confused hysterical self.......and Nome was as calm as could be.......talked me through the situation, calm, cool, collected. Situation taken care of.......reminded me of "The Wolf" in this movie. The guy just solves problems.