Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Geesh.....555 posts of wasted time.....

......and now this is post #556. Good lord - I should be doing hill repeats instead of all this blogging crud. Nah! Those repeats are tonight.

Anyway, this weekend - Sunday to be exact - we have a little event here in Chico which quite a few people like to do. I think we're expecting some crazy amount of cyclists - 3,000 or 4,000 or some insane number like that.....and the weather is lookin' to be sweet and warm.

But man, one thing has me thrown off a bit about the Wildflower Century. And that's the folks out there who are throwin' our lovely little Humboldt Road right in the trash. 4 miles up, 4 miles down......and everyone I've talked to says they ain't gonna do that piece of crap hill.

Well, I am.

I can't throw that old girl away........she's been good to us for so long......why skip it??? I mean, this isn't the Honey Run Road Century - and it isn't the Table Mountain Century(although, by the sound of it, it should be). It's the Wildflower Century - and that includes Humboldt.

"Yeah, but I've been up Humboldt a million times. Why do it again??? Besides, it's a crappy old road! I'll just do the Century without that thing and add a lap around the park at the end."

Whatever.

Or how about:

"Yeah, we rode the Century. Got in 72 miles too!"

Whoopdie doo.

Take it - all of it - ride the whole friggin' thing and experience it all. 100+ miles, gorgeous weather, doing one of your favorite activities in the world - what more could you ask for???? Why shorten it???

Food for thought.

Okay, back to work.