Wednesday, April 26, 2006

And finally tonight.....

......this testimonial on this website just makes me laugh uncontrollably. Especially this line:

"Never hit the road for 6 months.... logging about 20-30 hours a week... before the next race season I went out on the road a week before my first race just to make sure I would not tip over... I won the first 2 races and followed it up with 2 second places!! I upgraded to a Cat 1 in a year and a half! The only time I road outside was to race.... I won the state championship as a Cat 3 and got a second place as a Cat 1 .... I am absolutely convinced that the CompuTrainer is responsible!!"

Okay, now wait.....hold on. Yes, I am positive that the CompuTrainer helped you out......I mean, definitely - that thing is just hella fun.

But let's face it - 20 to 30 hours a friggin' week??? I mean, was it really just the CompuTrainer that helped out? Tony Rominger once stated that he thought that 35 hours per week was WAY too much riding even for a pro cyclist. And he spoke from experience, seeing how he consistently rode 35 hours per week(I know, insane).

My thing is this - you trained/rode 20 to 30 hours per week. Obviously there's gonna be an outcome to that type of abuse....uh.....I mean fun. You're probably gonna be a stronger rider, eh?

And then there is this little problem. Not sure I wanna be next to you in a crit.......your bike handling would probably be about as great as my conerning.......which completely and totally sux.

I'm still laughing - sorry. I need to go to bed. It's been one helluva day.