Saturday, March 25, 2006

Last weekend, I saw a rider........



......racing whom I haven't seen since he won the Category 3 race at the Nevada City Classic a couple of years ago. His name is Jonz Norine and he races for these guys up in Redding, California. When Jonz won the Nevada City Classic, he did it in pure NCC style.....solo breakaway to take the race. And it was like he came out of nowhere - I don't think many people knew who he was. I had the opportunity to chat with Jonz after the race and he is one helluva nice guy - just very low-key, humble and just super nice. The top picture is of Jonz going on to win the Nevada City race.

Last Saturday, I saw him again - this time, racing the Masters 35+ 1/2/3 race at Land Park. Here he is in the blue(bottom picture), to the right of OV during the crit. Not sure how he did, but he still looks hella fit.

I don't know what it is about those Redding guys, but man, they are fast! It must be the terrain or something. I heard that Chris Horner trained in Redding in preparation for the World Time Trial Championships a couple years back - doing some ungodly amount of miles everyday(I think it was 600+ per week). I guess when you have terrain that beautiful, it's easy to get in the miles. Course, we have that here too........so I don't know what my excuse is.......uh, the weather??? Sure, why not.