Thursday, March 30, 2006

Final post for the night......

....I'm getting blurry-eyed. Okay, last night after I finally dozed off, I had this crazy dream. Of course, being the bike geek.....or just plain geek.....that I am, the dream was of......cycling. What else??

But this one was strange. I had a dream that I was racing my very first Cyclocroterium Race.....being held around the Chico State University campus. Now, I know what you're asking - "Rodney, what in the hell is a Cyclocroterium???" Well, let me tell you what my dream thought it was:

A criterium course, on your road bike, with obstacles you had to get off your bike to clear - all kinds of junk....logs, road hazards, rail guards, road-stoppies, bicycles, garbage cans, people in the way, cars, just everything. So, it was sorta like cyclocross......on the road. And I couldn't figure out why in the world I was dreaming this........and then it dawned on me: The Cyclocroterium is my bicycle commute to work and back. Genius. Just genius. So, anyway, if you're up for it - participate in your local Cyclocroterium any and every day you wish. We'll have an official event soon!