Friday, March 31, 2006

Aaahhhh......how cute.......

.....you made a joke!

Man, gotta love April Fools - especially with the cycling crowd. The absolute BEST April Fools joke EVER played on me was by Bicycling magazine back in the early 1980s when I was a Junior. They had this funky April issue with all the latest and greatest cycling gear and gimmicks to come out. But I was looking at it going, "What in the hell??? How in the world can you actually go faster on 12 inch wheels on the track? I don't get it." I mean, I was just flat out lost - no idea any of those pictures or gimmicks were an April Fools prank.

Here's the worst part - I show up for a team ride the following day just telling everyone around me....including my schoolmates.....about all this trippy new stuff coming out for cyclists. "You guys hear about the 12-inch wheels? Oh man, let me tell you - we're gonna be FAST out there with those suckers!"

Man, what a bonehead. Thanks to Mike McN. back in the day for lettin' me in on who the fool was..........