Thursday, February 16, 2006

Now I understand!

Those that have read this blog for a little while, know that I have had a love affair with this bike above. It is the Seven Elium Race bike. There are a lot of drawbacks to this bicycle - it costs $8,000.....you can't use it on an indoor trainer, except rollers.....and if you use the bike to race and you crash, that would pretty much suck(unless you've recently won the Powerball lottery - I hear it's now at $365,000,000......million a day.....yeah, I guess I could live with that.....oh, the bikes I could buy!).

I could never figure out though why I had such a love affair with this particular bicycle - until yesterday. I discovered yesterday that this bicycle has the same paint scheme as my absolute all-time favorite Hot Wheel!! When I was a kid, that Hot Wheel was THE car - fastest, sleekest, funnest Hot Wheel around - won every race, stood out among the crowd of little cars, far and away the best one. Still have it to this day - of course, it's hermetically sealed now.

Funny how things from your kidhood affect your wants, needs, lusts later in life. And it still doesn't change anything - still want the bike......and still love the Hot Wheel!