Friday, February 10, 2006

Ned....

Ned Overend - that guy just amazes me. Back in the late 80s, I was in a mountain bike race.....Ned happened to be in the same race, but a much higher category than myself. I remember riding up this dirt/gravel hill and Ned came FLYING past me - I mean, the dude was another Sterling McBride....I couldn't hang with him to save my life. And even today, Ned is still putting the results in - awesome. I remember too - he had a GP training method that he use to use....not sure if he still uses it. He would go to an indoor swimming pool and practice swimming underwater, holding his breath, from one end of the pool and back again......over and over again. I don't know, something about lung capacity or oxygen useage or some silly thing like that.

Anyway, enough about Ned - gotta go find my swim trunks.