Thursday, March 26, 2009

Couple notes about Saturday Morning's Airport Criterium...............

Okay, so there a couple of things slightly different about the Chico Airport Criterium this Saturday morning.

First off, we are starting earlier in the day - in fact, racing action starts at 8:00AM. I know that some folks did not really like that starting time, but I had no choice - I have to work the rest of the day and evening to get things ready for the Tour of the Unknown Valley North bicycle ride taking place on Sunday out of Orland, CA.......so this was the only time I could hold the Criterium. I am sorry.

Second, for both the "A" Group and "B" Group, there will be NO chase pack Primes at all. What does that mean?? What that means is that if a break forms and gets away, they'll be the riders vying for the Primes. OR - if the pack stays together the whole race, the whole pack can sprint it out for the Primes. However, due to the nonsense I created from this last Tuesday Night Airport Criterium, I'm going to be offering bunches of Point Primes to breakaways........or not, if there are no breaks. You get the idea.

Anyway, that's it - I hope to see some or all of ya out there!!

Saturday, March 28th - Early Saturday Morning Chico Airport Criterium - Registration will open at 7:40AM on Convair avenue at the Airport - with the event starting at 8:00AM. (Sorry it is so early - I gotta get things rolling for tomorrow's Tour of the Unknown Valley North on Saturday, so 8AM was the only time I could do it. Sorry about that.) We'll be using our standard Tuesday Night course starting/finishing at Convair Avenue - http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/Chico-Airport-Tuesday-Night-Crit-Course . Must sign in and wear a helmet in order to compete!! AND - Yes, the points in this Criterium ALSO count towards the Tuesday Night Airport Crit Series.

Rodney...........
R.A.C.E. - Rodney's Absurd Cycling Events
Chico, CA