Monday, October 16, 2006

Bike lust comes in many shapes and sizes......

.....and sometimes it just hits you without you even knowing.

I was in one of our local shops the other day......just looking around, as usual. Hey, I like to look around.....and dream. I didn't really need anything - I just had to get my weekly fix of bike shop addiction.

Anyway, I strolled around the store.....looked at most of the bikes - singlespeed commuters, mountain bikes, road bikes, beginner bikes, cruiser bikes......just all kinds of bicycles. Along the way, I noticed this bike(pic above) on a rack at eye level......on sale.....just waiting. I looked at it for a couple of minutes, observing the unusual material(steel!!), the color, the components, the shape.....just everything. Then I moved on - I mean, I had to check out the latest and greatest too!

The next day, I woke up, drank my teeth-staining Peets, sat down for breakfast.......and all I could think about was that silly bike pictured above! What the???? Why???? What was it about that particular bicycle that stuck in my brain - was it the steel? The price? The component package? The color??? The fact that it's a 2005 model that needs a good home???? What was it??

I just don't know. It's bike lust at its weirdest. For whatever reason, I'll always have a "thing" for that bike......although I'll probably never own it. And next week, when I hit another bike shop to look around, I'm sure the old bike lust will hit again too!

I know - it's sad.

Anyway, good to be back blogging again - hope you're all doing great and having some great autumn rides - and cyclocross!!!! I'll see you all out on the road and dirt soon!