Saturday, April 22, 2006

Came to an interesting re-realization today.......


.....I was out on our back patio watching the rain, seeing the birds everywhere.......and glancing over at my bike staring back at me, obviously wondering why we haven't left the house yet. Then it dawned on me.....it's not about thinking, it's about doing. Of course we all know that, but sometimes we just need a reminder.......well, at least some of the time. Which brings me to this strange tangent.........Why do people carry two water bottles in a 40-minute criterium??? Has anyone ever seen - even in hot weather - someone drinking two full bottles of water in a 40-minute criterium??? I mean, I see the summer crits, where the temps are 95 and the race is 90-minutes long....carrying two bottles makes total sense. But does anyone bother drinking two full bottles in a 40-minute crit? The last time I raced a crit, I didn't even touch my water bottle......don't even know why I had it in the cage. I think for some, it's for peace of mind....that little reassurance that the two bottles are there. And that makes sense. Sort of.

Way to go Dan Martin from this team - just heard you won the Wente Road Race today - Awesome job Dude! Which reminds me again - we're outta bread and bananas.....need to go grocery shopping.