Monday, March 27, 2006

Have you ever had those moments......

.....when you wonder if the bicycle you're riding is, well, not quite up to par with what you want it to do? I know many of us have the complete opposite problem - we buy a bicycle that is WAY more than we would ever need......but it's nice to have it anyway - just for the sake of it, or bragging rights, or mental enhancement, or whatever. But how many of us have also experienced the former? Probably most of us - especially as we get more and more involved in the sport of cycling. I know that many times I am curious as to what kind of differences a so-called "better" bicycle might do to my cycling - Will it help? How much more efficient and effective is it? Will I ride it more? Will it do what I ask of it without complaints?? How much personality will it have?? Will I really love it in the year or years to come? And will it enchance my riding overall?? These are questions I ask myself as I look at new bicycles everyday. I just wonder sometimes - more out of obsessive curiosity than anything.

The same thing is going on with my job right now - yeah, I know, it ain't got nothin' to do with the bike stuff. But it still makes me wonder. I was presented with an opportunity to have what many would consider a "better" job. But would it really be better??? Or am I just nervous to make the switch?? Maybe I'm better off just sticking with my old trusty steed....er, uh.....job.

The predictable handling, the comfortable ride, the strange little quirks that give it personality, the trusty look it gives me prior to a long ride......or an interval session(yeah, my bike looks at me......I'm weird....as if you didn't already know that!).

Which brings me to the solution most of us would take........why do you have to decide??? Get the new one and keep the both of 'em! Of course! Keep the old one and the new one.

Geesh.....why didn't I think of that to begin with???! Can't have too many bicycles!

Now, about the job..........