Saturday, February 25, 2006

The BobMan......

.....Over the last 26 years, I have ridden with quite a few different riders. Some great, some good, some bad(myself included!) and some just obnoxious. But there are a select few riders who I feel lucky to ride with and race with(uh, yeah, I know, I'm ending this sentence with "with"....shoot me). Many are local riders - like Peggy, Eric, Daniel, Steve, Kareem, Paul, Bill, AM, Ed and many others. But if there is one guy I would like to ride with more, it would have to be our own teammate, Bob Raymond.

I was lucky enough to ride with Bob during our team's training camp back in January. He was nice enough to let Paul and I crash at his house too, and man, let me tell you......that dude is a cyclist's cyclist. I mean, even his wife races bicycles!! How cool is that???? And she is an awesome racer!!

But the thing about Bob is his tremendously good attitude toward training and racing. He is a high school Cross Country coach, and it shows in his on-the-bike and off-the-bike coaching/teaching. In short, he is motivating. I feel very lucky to have him on the team - even though he is a Cat. 3 just waiting to happen......you have enough points yet Bob??? One of the absolute coolest things about having teammates and people you ride with is how motivating it can be - and Bob has that something extra that I think motivates others.

So, this blog entry is dedicated to our own Bob. As much as I am going to hate to see you move up to the 3s, I hope to be racing with you in that category in the years to come. To Bob!